Nemic Industrial Supply was founded in 1946 as Nemic Machinery Company by Earl Nemic. The company’s roots were established by the sale of used metalworking machines and accessories along with surplus cutting tool remnants from WWII. In 1968 Earl’s son, Thomas, joined the company and used his tool and die trade skills to begin promoting cutting tools sales and applications. In 1972, Tom became the company president and continued promoting machinery and cutting tool sales in the greater West Michigan area.
In 2004 it was decided to change the name to Nemic Industrial Supply to better represent the company’s expansion into general MRO and industrial supplies.
2018 witnessed the company’s second executive management transition when two of Tom’s sons (and longtime employees), Jason and Chris, took over the reigns and directed the company to where it is today.